Friday, April 24, 2009

Friday Fun Finds 4.24.09

One of the ways I always know Spring is knocking at the door is by the birds singing. But I have a confession to make; I don't really like birds all that much--I blame it on Alfred Hitchcock.

But one feathered friend I do love are owls. I had the privilege to be able to hold a beautiful white owl at my local county fair, and have attended barn owl releases by Hawk Creek, a great wildlife rehabilitation center in my area. So I dedicate these beautiful, handmade owls to them!







I love when people recycle unexpected materials to create something new. Debby Arem Designs on Etsy has taken a recycled circuit board and scrap metals to create this adorable owl brooch. The fact that this beauty is eco-friendly is an added bonus!



















Sora Designs, also on Etsy, has for us another beautiful owl piece of jewelry. This beautiful Wise as an Owl Ring has a carved redwood owl face as its "gem", and is adjustable to fit nearly any finger. Another beautiful piece with a natural touch!








Animal totems are thought to contain special powers, and this Wise Owl Lampwork Bead would make a perfect totem for peace and wisdom. Handmade by Nicole Valentine, this little guy is just waiting for you to turn him into a piece of art for your neck. This bead is available in Nicole's ArtFire shop.











Finally, we have a pair of earrings that are total show-stoppers. These abstracted owls are made from handcut copper by The Sparrow's Nest on Artfire. Perched upon handwrapped copper branches, these earrings would be sure to garner compliment after compliment!


No comments:

Post a Comment