Saturday, July 25, 2009

Featured Artist: Magic Bean Buyer

One of the best things about writing a blog about handmade goods is being able to discover and share uber-cool artists with others. Jamie of Magic Bean Buyer creates the most adorable hand-sculpted and hand-painted figures I have seen in years. A pre-press designer by day, Jamie transforms into Magic Bean Buyer at night, sharing her whimsical vision with the world from her Etsy shop.


What does it mean to you to "buy handmade"?
Buying handmade to me means supporting your fellow artists and crafters. I appreciate knowing that something handmade that I've bought has a lot of care and hard work put into it. I also love being able to know where and from who the things I buy come from. It gives the item more value in my opinion.

How long have you been active in your craft?
I've always been creating things in my spare time and going through different phases, honing in on what I enjoy to make the most. But I'd say I've probably been creating my figurines and jewelry pieces for a bit longer than I've been selling on Etsy, which I've been doing for the past four years.


What inspires your work?
My biggest inspiration would have to be food (who doesn't love food?), with super cute things like kitties, polka dots, sprinkles and anything miniature, a close second.

Where do you sell your creations?
Currently, all of my items for sale can be found in my Etsy shop. I've been slowly building my own website, so hopefully one day my stuff will be available there as well. I love to take custom requests, so even if you see something in my shop that you like but wish it was pink, or wish it had a cupcake attached, or whichever....feel free to ask!

1 comment: