Monday, August 31, 2009

Featured Artist: Jennifer of Jennifer Lynn Productions

I love photography of unusual objects. It takes a special eye to see the physical world and capture an object within that is spiritual and meaningful. When I visited Jennifer Lynn Productions' shop, I immediately saw a number of photos that captured my attention--I love her subject matter which runs from the mundane shown in a artistic way, to her graveyard scenes, which are full of emotion. In addition, Jennifer also makes mixed media art, jewelry & handbags.



What does it mean to you to "buy handmade"?
What it means to me is that the buyer and the artisan build a personal relationship. The buyer sees where his/her goodies come from, how they are made, how the materials are sourced. The artisan may share some of their techniques, or even the stories behind what they make. There is usually a relationship built between seller and buyer, and often the products are created in a sustainable way. You know no one is being exploited.

How long have you been active in your craft?

I have been artistic all of my life. I have been actively trying to sell what I make probably for close to ten years. I had another venture, with a friend, before I started my current business.


What inspires your work?

Lots of things inspire my work: colors, feelings, folklore/mythology, conversations, my dreams, even my family. Often, it's the materials that spark an idea for a certain piece. I'll see a piece of fabric for instance, and it will seem to tell me: "I need you to make me into a ..." It's very strange. I don't quite know how to explain it! LOL!

Where do you sell your creations?

http://jenniferlynnproductions.artfire.com , http://jlynnpro.etsy.com , http://jlynnpro.redbubble.com . I'm in the process of emptying the Etsy shop, but as long as I have items there, I will sell through it.


Are there any special accolades you have earned in your field?
I have, for two years in a row, won blue and red ribbons in a local arts show for both my photography and my mixed media pieces.

No comments:

Post a Comment